Zest Dance Academy – Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice governs the way Zest Dance Academy, referred to as ZDA collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users of the www.zestdanceacademy.co.uk website
This privacy notice applies to the website and all products and services offered by ZDA.
Web browser Cookies
ZDA take all industry advised precautions to protect all submitted and stored data, however ZDA accepts no responsibility for loss of data caused by persons with malicious intent, computer attack or virus or malware infection.
Personal Identification Information (PII)
We may collect PII in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, visits to our website, registration on our website, the completion of forms both electronic and paper based. We may also collect PII relating to other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, postal address, phone numbers. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the internet browser that is being used, the type of computer being used and technical information in relation to the device being used.
The Data controller is Zest Dance Academy
The principal of ZDA holds the role of Data Protection Officer (DPO), and is contactable via mailto:email@example.com
Purpose of Data collection:
Data is collected for a variety of purposes:
- Business Administration
- Monitoring marketing effectiveness
- Facilitate a response to queries,
- Pre-entering data to office systems to expediate sign up processes.
- Improving our services and systems, as well as to allow us to provide requested services.
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service
- Marketing: Use of images collected by ZDA
- To send users information, they have consented to receive
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature
- To send periodic emails, SMS Text messages and contact via an instant messenger
- We may use the email address to send information such as newsletter and provide updates pertaining to ZDA. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and other types of requests
- If ‘opted-in’ to our mailing lists, you may receive emails that will include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you should wish to unsubscribe this is possible via emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your marketing preferences are updated
Personal – any data which could be used to personally identify an individual. Including names, DOB, postal address, telephone/email, IP Address.
Personal & Special – Medical information
Non-personal – Internet browser name, the type of computer and technical information about a user’s means of connection to our website as well as data which has been anonymised.
Basis for Processing:
|Consent (Parental permission is required for data of children under the age of 16)|
|Explicit consent is requested upon submission of sensitive, children’s data or special data during class enrolment. Consent is also required to send promotional material.|
|Data requested during initial registration with ZDA|
|Non- personal data collected automatically used for statistical research, direct response to queries.|
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise exchange personal identification information with others. PII may however be included in newsletters, show programmes or other promotional material.
Business partners are not disclosed as ZDA may nominated to use alternative suppliers depending on the service required.
Business Partners must attest that they also comply with all current legislation and the General Data Protection Regulations.
How we protect your information – Data Retention & Security
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the website and its users happen over a secured channel that is encrypted as required and protected with digital signatures.
- Personal data, once a student leaves ZDA is only stored for a period of 120 days. Past this point the data is destroyed or obfuscated.
- Personal data stored online or offline is protected via username & password and will be held in an encrypted format.
- Special data is deleted within 60 Days past current use
- Data transmission occurs only when necessary, only data required for the task is used, and transmission is conducted via secure channel and methods only.
ZDA has created an internal Data Breach Policy, and will act accordingly if data is compromised.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Right to withdraw Consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This request must be submitted electronically to mailto:email@example.com. Once the request has been received ZDA will work to remove all related data within 21 working days. If the request to withdraw consent relates to use of images please include as much information as possible to help with the request.
Right to complaint:
Should you believe ZDA to have not acted in a fair, proper and safe manner regarding personal data. You may submit a complaint to the supervisory authority, details can be found here https://ico.org.uk
Rights listed below are explained in detail here
You have the right to: –
- Access a copy of the information comprised of your personal data;
- Object to automated processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for direct marketing;
- Rectification (in certain circumstances) to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
Changes to this privacy Notice
Your acceptance of these terms
By using our website, you signify your understanding of this policy. Express consent for use of special personal data is requested at point of submission. We do not store or track IP addresses except for firewall blacklisting for security purposes.
Zest Dance Academy
This document was last updated on 25/05/18